The queen is just a pawn
In some big strategy game
That I know you like to play
But what about the ace? The ace
Call me ace
I can make or break a hand
With a single draw
Guns blazing "it just didn't work out"
The metal was still red when you
Laid it onto skin
A pack a day keeps the
Creeping away
Songs I haven't listened to in years
And yet I can't pick up that wooden
Extension
The one with strings that made me stronger
Callused
And beautifully dissonate
Passionate
I wish there were state lines now
I wait with cold patience
Priest
Where is your collar now
I watched the sky darken with clouds
Dark as text
Glowing like the moon
On dead
Unmoving flesh
It's time to be the loser
Call me ace
The ace of diamonds
Backwards
If you want to play
Call me bishop
What's your bluff this time
I'm the barrel
Shocked locked and loaded
Crook up that smile
And wind up your back
You have work to be done
And I have shelters to build
Complications are excuses
Casual
You were always dark
Let your true colors shine
And maybe they'll see me
Tossing sparks Like fireworks
Bouncing off of trees
That you are
Nothing
Not with or without me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment