I can't sleep with my socks on
I can sleep with socks and shoes
but not just socks
It seems that the majority of life is like that.
Layers of complications surrounded in layers of colors or monotone grays.
and I wish i could unwrap you
not cut through you to see what you hold
but unwrap you
i wish i could tenderly peel back another pet peeve or annoyance
to gently hold you cradled in my palms kissing each bruise and problem
I wish i knew how you'd sleep like
i wish i knew how hazy your eyes looked in the morning
i wish i knew what it would feel like to hold you to me and kiss you
as if tomorrow didn't exist
I worry like a friend....
I worry like a lover...
I'm nothing bur a pebble you threw that rippled the water
I wish i knew what you smiled like
I wish i knew how you smelled
I wish i knew what you wanted
I wish i could press my cheek into your hand and feel its warmth
i wish i knew everything was ok
I can't sleep with your shirt on
i can sleep with your crumpled picture in my hand
but not with your shirt
It seems that the majority of life is like that.
Layers of complications surrounded in layers of colors or monotone grays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment